Nutritional support for Leaky Gut Syndrome
GI Sustain™ is a medical food formulated to provide specialized nutritional support, including amino acids and prebiotic fiber, combined with readily digestible, low-allergenic-potential macronutrients for patients with leaky gut syndrome. Featuring L-glutamine and isomalto-oligosaccharides (IMO), this formula supports intestinal mucosal integrity and promotes the growth of beneficial bacteria to address dysbiosis associated with leaky gut syndrome.
- Supports microbial balance
- Nourishes the cells of the colonic mucosa
- Features low-allergy-potential rice protein concentrate supplemented with L-lysine HCl and L-threonine for an improved protein source
- Provides rice syrup solids as a natural energy source
- Provides a readily absorbed and metabolized lipid source
- Provides the prebiotic IMO to selectively nourish beneficial bacteria, including lactobacillus and bifidobacteria
- IMO is a gentle fiber that is naturally sweet but has a low-glycemic index
- Formulated with nutrients such as zinc gluconate and L-glutamine to nutritionally support gastrointestinal mucosa integrity
Who would benefit from GI Sustain™ Medical Food?
People with leaky gut syndrome , a condition that can lead to increased permeability of the gastrointestinal (GI) lining. This creates an opportunity for environmental toxins , undigested food, microbes, and waste to "leak" through the body's protective GI immune system.
How does GI Sustain™ Medical Food compare to other products or approaches?
Some approaches provide temporary symptom relief that may affect healthy digestion with long-term use. This product is formulated to nutritionally manage leaky gut syndrome by targeting the potential underlying causes with scientifically demonstrated nutrients that may be difficult to obtain through normal dietary means. This formula contains only natural ingredients for a safer approach, and has been clinically reviewed at the FMRC.
How does GI Sustain™ Medical Food work?
It's enhanced with specific nutrients—including rice protein developed through a patented manufacturing process—and targeted ingredients to nutritionally manage gastrointestinal health, including support for intestinal lining and immune function (through a healthy bacterial balance). Rice protein has a lower allergenic potential than many common animal or vegetable protein sources, which (along with careful formulation and manufacturing) helps make this product suitable for dietary elimination programs. This product is formulated for use with modified elimination diet (to reduce dietary chemicals and common foods with allergenic potential) to offer a higher level of support for better results.
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Read all product packaging for ingredients, suggested use, warnings, and other important information prior to use. The information contained on this web site is provided for informational purposes only and is not intended to substitute for the advice provided by your doctor or other health care professional.