- Supports Cardiovascular Health and Blood Sugar Metabolism
- Supports Cognitive Function and Healthy Brain Development
- Supports Healthy Skin, Joints & Connective Tissues
- Increases Visual and Ocular Health
- Helps Maintain a Healthy Inflammatory Response and Strengthen Immune Function
Omega-3 fatty acids are essential cornerstones of human nutrition. They are deemed ‘essential’ because we need them for proper health - but cannot produce them on our own. We must consume these fats through diet or supplementation.
Omega-3 fatty acids are required for a number of body functions, from proper blood flow to brain development; these long chain fatty acids are integral components of tissues and organ systems throughout the body, including the heart, skin, joints, eyes and immune system. Since omega-3 fatty acids are known to benefit cardiovascular health, support healthy brain function and cognition, and have also been proven to maintain a healthy inflammatory response, achieving the proper balance of omega-3s has become an important health strategy, requiring supplementation for most people.
The American Heart Association recommends that those concerned about blood lipids take up to 4 g of omega-3 fatty acids per day.